13 Jun 2009

(Re)discovering MIKE PATTON




Just out of curiousity I decided to watch the live stream of Faith No More's reunion gig at Download Festival 2009 as I feel sentimental about this band remebering it from my earl teens in 1990's. I was absolutely stunned by FNM's singer Mike Patton last night, this guy is a fuckin' genius. Of course I have always been aware of the wide spectrum of Patton's musical excursions with acts such as Mr.Bungle, Fantomas or his collaboration with John Zorn but never before have I seen him live performing his eerie, flamboyant and quirky vocal tour-de-force. That was just amazing and I can't stop listening to Patton's music since. Once again, an ultimate musical genius discovered by chance. I love those moments of exciting discoveries.

Here's the sample of Mike's vocal genius


No comments: