14 May 2008

"The Lifeless Meaning Of A Holy Flight"

OK, so the story went something like this. Our literature lecturer told us that we will be exempt from the final literature exam if we stage some kind of play at least once in the future. So automatically that had set my wheels in motion and I thought about creating a show based on Monthy Python's Flying Circus - something I've always wanted to do given such an opportunity. So one evening I sat with pencil, scrap of paper and all the Circus episodes creating a draft of what was to become our play. I picked some sketches (mostly from the first season), wrote linking scenes, matched certain characters to people from my group and slowly the play was ready - on the paper. Some time after New Year in between our classes we started to rehearse all the sketches. Nothing went smoothly at the beginning but as the time went by and our deadline was approaching we pulled our socks up and by the end of march we were ready to do the first full stage rehearsals. To cut the long story short on march 30th we staged our play entitled "The Lifeless Meaning Of A Holy Flight" in one of Tychy's high schools. We did two completely "sold out" performances and myself as well as the rest of my friends from my group were extremely happy and proud of ourselves afterwards. Since then we've received yet another invitation to perform our tiny little show and I'm already looking forward to do it all over again.






BEEKEEPING



AN ARGUMENT CLINIC


BRAIN SURGEON


NUDGE NUDGE


STORYTIME


THE MAN WITH THREE BUTTOCKS



DEAD PARROT


THE END


FINAL THANK YOU'S

No comments: